Swept Surfaces

mgajewski

I am creating a closed swept surface using two closed loop guide curves and (trying but failing) one closed profile.

I managed to create two separate surfaces but do not know how to turn them into a parent curve editable solid.

The whole thing should be simple and clean but for some reason I cannot get it done. Help is not much help... Attached pictures illustrate the issue. I'd appreciate some pointers or is there a book or website available that explains ICAD surface creation in depth?

Mark

post-1600-1097521460_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1097521475_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1097521487_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1097521500_thumb.jpg

They didn't turn into a solid because they're not a closed volume. It's still just a single sided ribbon. You have to close the sides in order for it to become a solid.

I figured that - but I was hoping for more specific information on how to overcome that and also how to: 1. make a closed profile for a sweep (ICAD seems to resist that) and 2. how to sweep a closed profile along two closed loop paths.

Mark

Guest IronKevin

To finish a solid of your part, make two Sweep shapes, one with the lower section of the cross section then the next with the upper line of the cross section using the "Add as IntelliShape" option on the second sweep shape.

See the attached file.

IK

Closed_Sweep.ics