Jpg

Guest Wim

i like the option to drag&drop files from the explorer into 2D-drawings.

I did`t succeed in getting a jpg into the drawing other then insert it into a word-document and then drag the word-file into the drawing.

Does somebody know if its possible sthraihgt away?

Thx

Wim

Yes, it's possible to drag a jpeg directly into an IronCAD drawing from Windows explorer (first thing I tried after I installed the update.) You probably have to have at least one program installed on your system that is an OLE server (such as Microsoft Photo Editor or Adobe Photoshop) to make the drag-and-drop work.

Yes, it's possible to drag a jpeg directly into an IronCAD drawing from Windows explorer (first thing I tried after I installed the update.) You probably have to have at least one program installed on your system that is an OLE server (such as Microsoft Photo Editor or Adobe Photoshop) to make the drag-and-drop work.

7615[/snapback]

Will MS Paint count as a OLE Editor?

I can't make a jpeg display in a drawing either, even with an ole server. I'll speak with a dev on it. BMP works just fine though.

Note: Microsoft Word doesn't display the JPG file if you create it as an OLE object either. In word, if you goto insert/object/from file...word displays it as an icon.

I have PS and it doesn't seem to be an OLE server for the images.

THx Chris, but i looked on my office xp-cd-rom and there is no microsoft photo editor on it, it has a red cross behind it.

The bmp works ok on my puter also, but i like the jpg because of the quality-filesize far more then bmp.

Does the adobe photoshop act as an ole server on your pc Mike? Which version do you have? Are there office-xp version with and without microsoft photo editor?

regards Wim

I have been searching for an OLE server for jpg and gif and have experienced great difficulty with finding anything. I have read that photoshop is -not- an OLE server. I have read that Microsoft Photo Edit -IS- and also that Ulead Photo Impact -IS- an OLE server for jpg and gif. I have installed the ULEAD trial though and it isn't working as an OLE server.

So what it comes down to is just finding getting the right OLE server to work. IronCAD really isn't part of the equation at this point. Once your OLE server works, a create object "from file" should work the same in Microsoft Office or IronCAD.

I have both Microsoft Photo Editor & Photoshop installed, so I don't know which is the OLE server. My guess is that Photo Editor is the necessary element, even though the Photoshop documentation says that it is also an OLE server. We always needed Photo Editor in the past to insert JPEGs into IronCAD, so I expect that is still the case with the drag-and-drop.

Here is information how to install Photo Editor. Paintshop Pro (http://www.jasc.com/) is an OLE Server as well which will work for JPG images. Set the File Format Association so that Paintshop is the default for JPEG. Then they will display in IornCAD Drawings.

Install Microsoft Photo Editor

You can install Photo Editor from the Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM. To do this, follow these steps:

Insert the Office XP CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive or in your DVD-ROM drive.

If the Office XP Setup program does not start automatically, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Run dialog box, type the following command in the Open box:

:\Setup.exe

Click OK.

Follow the instructions in the Office XP Setup Wizard.

Make sure that you select the customized installation.

When you reach the Selecting Features step, set each node of the Setup tree to Not Available.

Under Features to install, expand Office Tools.

Click Microsoft Photo Editor, and then click Run from My Computer.

Click Install Now.

Click OK when the Office XP Setup program is completed successfully.