Ironcad 7.0 Stability

tlehnhaeuser

How would you rate the stability of IronCAD 7.0?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the stability of IronCAD 7.0?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor
    • Extremely Poor

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have problems with opening icd`s. This happenes when more files are open. When i open ironcad gets in some loop and its very hard to get out of that, even with cntr+alt+del. It happenes every day.

I told Floris about this and he asked me to reinstall under administrator which i haven`t done yet...

I have, on rare occasion, also seen this. The other day, it happened to me for the first time in months. I was opening multiple drawings and quickly paging through the sheets to see what was on them. When I got to the 4th or 5th drawing (without closing any of the previous drawings), the title bar started flashing (and also the drive light on my computer.) After a while, I got a message that said something like "Error opening file", with about 100 more behind it, followed by a message that just said "Internal Application Error" (with another 100 behind it) and then IronCAD went away. There was no error log created & I pretty much put it down to my abuse of the program, since it's not a thing that happens more than once or twice a year.

By the way, my machine has 3GB of RAM. This time the crash happened in WindowsXP, but the last time it happened, I had a Win2000 box.

Edited by Mike Allen

Guest IronKevin

Yeah, this problem must be inconsistent, I just opened 25 drawings with no problems, all about 300 to 500Kb in size. IronCAD used 223MB RAM and

IK