Dave Sulli - IronCAD Supermodel

Mike Twining

Dave-

I happen to read some article on the front page (if you will) of the ironcad.com website about this RD Instruments company, and their IronCAD useage. It was the first time that I actually knew (well... had heard of) the person/company the article was about. Just wanted to say "Nice Work" on the write up, and I am glad to see that there were IronCAD renderings not only in the IronCAD.com article, but on the actual RDI site as well. I really like the underwater effect from the off-center spotlights in those renderings. Did you do those yourself or take the 5 min. to teach some marketing weenie to use IronCAD (no offence to any marketing weenies out there)? Also, how did you get the ground to look like that (it looks like a complex surface with a texture or decal attached to it)? I love a good rendering!

MikeT

Thanks Mike!

For those of you who do not know Mike Twining, he is a resident IronCAD guru of astronomical proportions (hey, I have to return your kind words, don't I).

Seriously, Mike was my answer man at our local IronCAD VAR (value-added retailer) a short while ago. I'm glad he is still with us; certainly, he is a valuable asset to this great group of people.

To answer your questions, yes, I rendered the image of the three transducers. I used as a guide, the tutorial that anyone can download from this site. The riverbed rocks came from one of the catalogs in IronCAD and I enclosed the transducers in a giant box to better control the lighting effects.

I hope to create a rendering of each of our hottest-selling products (even the ones I didn't design) for a calender. Thanks again for noticing and remembering your old student!

Dave Sulli