Fluid/Air Multiphysics

I recently hit a wall. I am trying model an air exchange/temp recovery cross flow module inside a cabinet with inflow for return/fresh air and outflow for exhaust/supply air and got stuck on the air volume model. Air velocity is at 185.02 m/s

Screenshot.thumb.png.f90df0fd726dbe82799927ba765a9fb4.png

Unit1B.zip

Guest MPIC Support

HI, we have reviewed the model and there are various issues in the CAD model.  Assuming the goal is to analyze the conjugate-heat transfer of air flow and temperature distribution, There is really no reason to drag any of the solid into analysis (as it will be much easier to define the flow region) unless you are interested in the box/containing deformation, stress issues.

The basic mistake is the air volume contains all interior parts (as you can see from the meshing message that group 0 containing more than one region).. The air volume should only have air portion. It can be constructed from subtraction all solid parts from the current air region. The 2nd portion of the exchanger tube region is very fine, and it could be the main computational issue as the meshes must be fine enough mesh to cover the fine tubing air flow and heat exchange. 

As this is beyond a simple demo model and there are many more detais (such as multiple inflow regions should not be combined into one BC, etc) it is hard to explain futher. Please send question to mpic@ampstech.com for further support with simpfied model (such as exchanger regon contain only few trubes/pathes) so we caa help you build the model. We also provide model building/setup service starting at $75/hr as it could be the quickest way to get you going on this.

As we don't minitor this public forum, please send any further correspodence to mpic@ampstech.com.

AMPS/MPIC Support

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was doing the isolated air volume just to figure it out when it was posted and appreciate the explanation.

Unit1CC.thumb.png.64750724dbc87abb20c92be81346cbda.png

I was able achieve a cross flow to the media but initially only the bottom inflow was recognized. The top inflow volume was problematic for some reason so I have mirror copy the bottom inflow volume and adjust exchange media. The next thing I plan to do is apply thermals on the media itself, with bottom inflow at 24°C and Top Inflow at 30°C

Unit1CC.1S.zip

• Like 1