Some questions about Steel Frame.

tgjang

Hi

We are suggesting users not to use Steel Frame for the reasons outlined below. 
I'm sure there's a workaround, but if anyone knows of one, I'd be very grateful.

1. By default, Steel Frames Catalogs are in Inch, how can I set it to JIS or KS?
2. How do I create a part drawings when designing with a steel frame?
3. How do I create a bulk drawings when designing with a steel frame?
4. How do I know that Body<26> in the Bodies Tree is matched with the generated file when I create a part using Associate BREP With Body Menu?(steel_frame-2.png)

Thanks. 

steel_frame-1.thumb.png.e6a1836dfcc1c9d22743c7704ec3a386.png

steel_frame-2.png

Edited by tgjang

1. By default, Steel Frames Catalogs are in Inch, how can I set it to JIS or KS? - Yes as these were sample catalogs that we provided. They can be updated with other standards for users to have but we currently don't have them built. You could build them and make them available to your customers as another option. 
2. How do I create a part drawings when designing with a steel frame? - Only method now really is the Associate Body. I can see the ER to use a Suppression on the Body or a way to access the Body in Bulk. 
3. How do I create a bulk drawings when designing with a steel frame? - Not supported but I agree these needs to be considered. 
4. How do I know that Body<26> in the Bodies Tree is matched with the generated file when I create a part using Associate BREP With Body Menu?(steel_frame-2.png). - I believe this will be enhanced in 2023 PU1. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Cary.
1 K.S, JIS Data exists as an Excel file, so I think we can create a suitable format and apply it quickly.
Malcolm made a very good video sample that explains it effectively.

Thanks also for the answers to questions 2,3 and 4.

Edited by tgjang