Increment parameter on copy

B. Ludin

How can I generate a series of copies with an incremented parameter? Let's say I need 100 versions of a part with heights ranging from 1 to 100mm? Can this be done in IC somehow? If not, I would put in an ER to have the copy dialog feature an "increment parameter" functionality.

Design Variations support the ability to create different versions of a part based on parameters. You will need to add the driving parameters at the top level of the part/assembly. Then add the design variation to the part/assembly. When you edit the design variation, you can create a number of tabs for the various sizes. 

Note: Linked shapes will carry the same Design Variation. 

Yes, but that doesn't save me from hand-typing the 100 height values, right? I'm looking for a possibility to increment a parameter automatically. Or, as more flexible approach, have IC iterate through the rows of an Excel sheet an generate a new part/shape reading the parameter values for each part/shape from a new row.

Edited by B. Ludin