Pack feature not working

bmckelvie

Hello,  A few days ago i started a topic on how to create a new version of an existing model/assembly.   It was suggested to use Pack,  and it seemed to work. 

I just tried it again today and it left half of the files in the original directory making the pack copy not work.  You can see in the screenshot that many of the files are not in the pack directory.    I need to be able to pack a version of this to be portable to give to another engineer.    (It would be even better if there was a pack all drawings associated with these files as an option too.)

Does anyone have experience getting pack to work on assemblies that have external assemblies and parts inside of them?

Brent

image.thumb.png.cc497a398563448b56c595e59386849d.png

I did not release that there are 2 different pack options in Ironcad.   

I just used the Pack and Go option instead of the File menu Pack option.   It works a little better but it still has Major issues.  

1. It has 3 main options, the first is to unlink all files and save everything to a single scene file.  This works fine.   Breaks all the external links so its not a faithful copy of the original so it requires all new drawings to be made.  

2. Copy all selected files in a scene into a folder

3. Copy all selected files in a scene into a zip

2 & 3 work the same. and are very close to what should happen.  They copy all the files make the exact directory structure again in a new folder, it even copies all the drawings which is great! But then it stumbles on the last step, it leaves all the files pointed at the old files.  So you have basically just made a bunch of copies that do not do anything.   They need to all get pointed to the new files. 

Kevin I emailed the zip to you, but all the references will be looking at the wrong place.  

Edited by bmckelvie