Attachment point

MarWos

Plik.thumb.png.6de9c81ae9d5a7fe02747161d540b466.png

I created a magnetic point and put it in my catalog to use the same magnetic point in the future. There is only a problem because after dropping it on the model I would like no matter where I drop the point, that this magnetic point would always be in the same place but it's not. Please help.

Edited by MarWos

The Attachment points can be locked to a face or a special point (like vertex, midpoint or centerpoint). When it is on the face, it is free to move anywhere on the face as we don't create a parameterized location for it. You can lock it to a face that is moving then move it a desired distance with the TriBall to have it basically fixed at a location. 

4 hours ago, MarWos said:

I would like the attachment point to be positioned before being put on the face. I want the attachment point as it is in the catalog to already have a defined location.

Defined location from what reference? There is no way to define the reference location to nay object without a custom UI to pick the reference objects. The only other method is to place the attachment points on a feature and place the feature in the catalog. Then when you drop the feature, you can try to define the reference location to the feature and the attachment will follow the feature position.