IPROGears - Select Pulleys = "No Valid Selection, please retry"

EKERN

Does anyone know how to make proper use of the "Place Belt" command? IRPOGears dialog windows says "Select the Pulley where to place the Belt". Sounds simple enough. But no matter how I do exactly that I get the error message "No Valid Selection, please retry". 

No Valid Selection.png

There is one issue that it may not work in an English Unit scene. 

If you are in a metric scene, drop the tool into the scene. Hold Shift and select all the pulleys that you want the belt to run around. Click the arrow in the tool, it should give you a belt preview in the dialog. Hit the Green Checkmark to complete the tool. 

I think in your image, you are missing the shift selection in the process.

Cary

I believe I figured it out. It looks like the "Place Belt" tool will only work on pulleys taken from IC's own library (Gears). What exactly it is that sets those pulleys apart from any other circular object is beyond me, but there it is, apparently ;-).

Edited by EKERN

2 hours ago, EKERN said:

I believe I figured it out. It looks like the "Place Belt" tool will only work on pulleys taken from IC's own library (Gears). What exactly it is that sets those pulleys apart from any other circular object is beyond me, but there it is, apparently ;-).

Yes it uses those gears specifically so that is can place it correctly without any intervention. The tool makes it easy to just select those gears and the belt is placed. If it used any cylinder, there would be some work to determine the placement (it could be done, just a little more UI from the user to follow).

Glad you have it working!