Parametric Parts

bbuche

Hopefully this makes sense. We have parametric parts based on how long or how short we make a certain part it adds or subtracts a certain plate. Ok here is the question, when the part is suppressed and then we say unsupress-all no mater if the plate was supposed to be suppressed all items now show up even if the parameter says based on this size it should be suppressed. Hope that makes sense. I have included the part for reference.

Thanks for any help you can lend.

SR VS Beam.ics

What suggestions do you have in this case? Do you want the Unsuppress command to state there are parameters using this parameter and prevent the command from proceeding (or continue but wipe out the command, or ignore the objects with this set)?

Let us know your thoughts.

Cary

Thanks for responding. At the vary least the warning would be nice. Maybe after you set the parameter there is a check box to lock it

into whatever you want it to be and then suppression wouldn't affect the underlying parts in the assembly? We are starting to use

more and more parametric parts and I can see this being an concern for us going forward. Do you guys have a preferred solution to

this?

Thanks again.

B-

I can confirm that this incident has been logged (Incident ID#: 112603) The issue will be investigated and considered in the future to be resolved in a later version of the product. A further message will be sent when the state of the issue changes. If you have any additional information regarding this case or need immediate feedback, please quote the attached Incident Number in all correspondence. Also please keep in mind that issues that are extremely urgent or deemed as vital can also be escalated with our Product Manager, so just let me know if you would like this handled in a more expedited manner via hotfix.