Hide Multitude of Transferred Dims.

tlehnhaeuser

I have recently came across with a GREAT trick. I had inadvertenly left "transfer dims to drawing" on all the fasterners I brought into my large assembly (Approx. 750 parts). When I created the 2D assy print. It was cluttered with all the transferred dimensions. We'll everyone will tell you that you must HIDE each one separartly. Well I mind as well put a bullet in my head.

Anyway, heres a great trick I stumbled on to HIDE all of them in one shot.

TIP:

1. Create a new layer (I named it "transferred") and then set it so its visibilty is OFF.

2. Use Box select tool and highlight ALL the dims.

3. Right Click on any dim and hit DELETE. (it doesn't, but watch this)

4. Do another Box select and highlight all the dims again. Right click on any dim, but this time a properties option pops up , then go to LAYER tab and pick your new layer you've created.

Whallah!!

You can get them back the std way by Right click on view and click SHOW ALL.

Hope this helps.

Tom

• 2 years later...
I have recently came across with a GREAT trick. I had inadvertenly left "transfer dims to drawing" on all the fasterners I brought into my large assembly (Approx. 750 parts). When I created the 2D assy print. It was cluttered with all the transferred dimensions. We'll everyone will tell you that you must HIDE each one separartly. Well I mind as well put a bullet in my head.

Anyway, heres a great trick I stumbled on to HIDE all of them in one shot.

TIP:

1. Create a new layer (I named it "transferred") and then set it so its visibilty is OFF.

2. Use Box select tool and highlight ALL the dims.

3. Right Click on any dim and hit DELETE. (it doesn't, but watch this)

4. Do another Box select and highlight all the dims again. Right click on any dim,  but this time a properties option pops up , then go to LAYER tab and pick your new layer you've created.

Whallah!!

You can get them back the std way by Right click on view and click SHOW ALL.

Hope this helps.

Tom

1306[/snapback]