Dimension issues and Scene issues

Frank Hofs

Hello my name is Frank,

I am a Mechanical Test Engineer within the AIT department of Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands. Since a couple of months I am also the Functional Manager for IronCAD within this department. We use IronCAD as a design program for GSE and tooling. I very much enjoy working with it.

Some of the user have encountered some problems. I shall elaborate them below:

Issue 1:

Sometimes when a dimension of a part is measured or a distance between two parts is measured the projected number is very blurry. It becomes impossible to read the number.

I was wondering if this is a known issue and if there is a solution to this problem.

Issue 2:

This one is a bit more complex. I can create a new scene and drag a part from the library into the scene, add holes or cut-outs to it, and it all works fine. Now I save the scene, re-open it, again add a part from the library to the scene, and that's the point where the problems start. It will add for instance a block from the library to the scene but it will place the block somewhere random in the scene, not at the position where I want it to go. At this point it also becomes impossible to add holes or cut-outs to any parts in the existing scene. IronCAD will give an error message saying: "Cross-section is empty or contains outlines that overlap or are not closed."

At this point the whole file has become corrupt. Because a restart of IronCAD or a restart of the PC does not help. The same error message keeps coming back.

Is this a known issue? Is there a solution? If so, what is the solution.

I have added screenshot from both issues.

Recently we have transitioned to Windows 10, maybe this has something to do with it.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Kind regards,

Frank Hofs

Issue 2.PNG

Issue 1.png

For Issue #1:  Can you tell me what version of IronCAD are you running. Also, what are the rendering settings under Tools/Options/Rendering (Direct X, OpenGL, or OpenGL2)? We have seen this this report and I believe it may be a rendering setting or graphics card. You may want to update your card to the latest driver as well.

For issue #2: This seems like a system issue. First I would try to start IronCAD as Admin (Right-click on the IronCAD Icon and select Run as Administrator). This will make sure all DLL's are registered. Second, what version of IC are you running? If the first option did not work, I would suggest to reinstall IronCAD since it seems like it may not be fully registered. Make sure to install with Admin privileges. 

Let us know the results. If this fails, we can get support to look deeper into the problem on the machine.

Thanks for your answer.

For issue #1: I am running version 2018. Rendering settings: Advanced OpenGL/3D with Driver type: OpenGL2

However, between this message and the previous message there has been a Windows 10 update. Now the problem seems to have been solved.

For issue #2: Is still a work in progress. I will keep you updated.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...