Saving issue

KLEA

I have updated to the 2019 release and am having issues saving a model after inserting a view into CAXA through the 3D Interface.

Once the drawing has been inserted, I am unable to save any changes made to the original model and the following message pops up:

Error: cannot save to the file:

(file path)

Possible reasons: U(HRESULT=0X80004005)

or cannot access the file, disk errors, etc.

Do you want to save it to the following temporary file?

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\(file name)

Saving to the temporary file does not work either and I have to save the file to a different name and re-insert the drawing into CAXA every time I make any change to the model.

Could this be an issue with my computer or is this an IronCAD issue?

Thanks for any help you can give. smile.gif

I'm seeing this error, also - always associated with a drawing, not the scene. So far, I can let it save the temporary icd file (which apparently saves a link in the directory I'm working in.) If I close & restart IronCAD, I'm able to open the temporary file & save back to my working directory.

I think it must be related to the size of the drawing, at least for me. The file that has given me the most trouble was >780MB (26 sheets, with lots of jpg images.)

Just a thought - we have solid state drives that are fast, but small. My temp folder is always filling the available space. IronCAD regularly creates TMP files that don't get deleted, unless I do it manually. (Plus, we frequently use PhotoShop, which requires a fair amount of space for a scratch disk.) Could it be that IC is having trouble when the available local drive space is low?

Hi Mike,

I think we may have found the issue with the save. Attached are Hotfix DLL's that you can place in your Bin folder (back-up you bin folder first before copy). Please give this a test to see if you experience the save issue.

We believe it is related to a file being opened as Read-only while you are trying to save the main file.

Let me know,

Cary

2019SP1_bin.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this again.

Saving_Bug.jpg

I had just saved the associated scene as a new revision & there are 2 drawing files associated with the scene (both open at the time.) I had updated the views on the first drawing file & was trying to do a Save As to the new rev. letter.

After cancelling the above dialog, I got this:

Save_Bug_2.jpg

Interesting that it failed to save because the operation completed successfully.

We're running SP1 & I never installed the above hotfix.

Tried to save again & it saved with no errors.

As far as I know, no one else had the scene file open.

On the 2nd drawing file, same process. Cancel the first error dialog & it tells me it failed to save because the operation completed successfully. Save As a 2nd time & it saved without problems.

Edited by Mike Allen

Please check the temp folder: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\ic_dbg

And see if there is any log files with Commit_XXXXXXXXXXXXX.log. If so, please email us these log files.

Also:

go to C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2019\bin folder, sort by Date modified and screen shot the latest dlls to make sure the new dlls from SP1 are delivered.