Two tips ...

Guest dlalonde

Guest dlalonde

Here are two tips that I hope will be useful ...

1. When designing or editing a part which is embedded in an assembly, it is often difficult to select intellishapes or sheet metal features. I get around the problem by making one or more linked copies of the part which are located outside of the assembly, typically along the x, y, and z directions. When you encounter an edit that is difficult to do on the original, do it on one of the linked copies instead. It's still possible to snap to geometry in the assembly by choosing the appropriate copy to edit. Of course, the original will update immediately as changes are made. When you're done, delete the linked copies.

2. I often want to resize a block or hole-block about the sizebox center, but find it inconvenient to go into the properties dialog to change the handle behaviour. I'll explain a convenient shortcut by way of example .... to change the LENGTH of a block about the sizebox center, right click one of the width or height handles, select 'edit sizebox', and change the LENGTH value. When you exit the dialog box, the length will change about the sizebox center!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...