Catalog Management

ITAYLOR

Can i rearrange the order of items in my catalogs without changing the alphabetical names?

I want the order to look like this:

post-73299-1540965121_thumb.jpg

Edited by ITAYLOR

I am working my way through exercises in an old Tech Drawing book (pp.121-144 by A.W. Boundy) to get me up to speed with 3D modelling. My intention was to retire as a work from home 2D drafty but a firm I draw for pressured me for 3D content (as their competitor has gone that way - Solidworks)... so at age 58 I purchased my first 3D program (Sketchup)... and now here I am IronCADing "better-faster-funner"). ... sometimes!

The excercises are forcing me to learn loads of 3D tips n tricks and are a lot of fun actually... IC really is a wow modeller (never enjoyed drawing these same shapes as much with pencil and set squares when I was at college in my tradie years), now my kids are going wow dad... that's cool!

The ultimate goal is to learn how catlogues work, set up an automated title block in CAXA that will read the "part Name" (which is the order I want them to appear in the catalogue) so that I can pop out a batch of drawings in the same order as the Tech Drawing book (that will correspond to my catalogue).

I guess I can rename them with a nemerical prefix; RMB/Arrange ascending..

post-73299-1540966261_thumb.jpg

Am I heading in the right direction? Further catalogue tips n tricks welcome.

You shouldn't need to add the numbering to order the catalog. That is only needed if you want to use the Arrange command. Otherwise you can move shapes in the catalog by selecting the object, holding Shift, then drag to the shape you want to move it in front of. This will reorder it to how you specify.

Cary