Selecting Attachment points in PU#1

Mike Allen

The new option to Hide Attachment Points on Selection seems strange. Since I only want to see the attachment points when I'm editing them, I prefer to not have them show up every time I select a part. I thought that it would work to Hide Attachment Points on Selection & have a shortcut to Show Attachment Points when I want to edit them. But it appears that the Show Attachment Points option is almost useless, since when it is selected in conjunction with Hide Attachment Points on Selection, it is not possible to select any of the attachment points.

Is there a trick to selecting attachment points when the option to Hide Attachment Points on Selection is checked?

Hi Mike,

The behavior is similar to the Smart Dimension settings.

Show Attachment Points - When enabled, it will show all attachment points in the scene at the part/Assembly levels (IntelliShape level attachments are always hidden until the feature owning the attachment is selected).

Hide Attachment Points on Selection - When enabled, its goal is to hide the selection state of the attachment points when the owning object is selected.

Typically, you would run in these two states:

1. Unselect Both Options: This means that the attachment points are not visible when nothing is selected. When you select, the attachment point will appear.

2. Unselect Show Attachment Points and Select Hide When Selected: In this case, attachment points will not be displayed when nothing is selected or when something is selected. Basically this is the non edit mode.

I can understand the confusion when you have both selected since they conflict (same as Smart Dimension). It is saying to show them but to hide them on selected. I think we can look at changing that behavior to make a little more sense so support can file that as an ER for both.

Thanks

Cary

If I could set a keyboard shortcut, or button on the heads-up display to toggle Hide Attachment Points on Selection, I would have exactly the same functionality I used to have with Show/Hide Attachment Points. I haven't found that command any place I would expect to find it (Common or Tools,) I did a quick look on some of the other lists, but didn't find it. Could you tell me where it is located?