Saving time duration

jolizon590016

I just want to know if this is a normal process. Both opened in IC, model scene size 56.5 mb file size saves in 18 sec, while associated IC drawing is about 47.4 mb and saves about 55-58 sec. ZZZzzzzz sad.gif . Back-up copy tick on directories on options, but haven't seen any file on the time stamp today on the back-up directory.

Regards

Edited by jolizon590016

Hi Kevin. Thanks for getting back to this. I turned off IC Backup off and it took much longer. Should I use drop box to send this since these are large files. I haven't switch the Windows back up my working directory either and Windows also has a file history running. Thanks.

Edited by jolizon590016

Guest TCHITANDA

I can confirm that this ER has been logged (Incident ID#: 107574) The issue will be considered in the future

at a date that has not yet been determined. A further message will be sent if or when the state of the issue changes.

If you have any additional information regarding this case or need immediate feedback, please quote

the attached Ref Number in all correspondence.

Hi Tito. Thanks. This seems something I have always experienced with previous versions. If I copy the whole model to a new scene, saving it just take around 15 secs. The drawback is I loose all associative on the icd drawing done earlier.

Maybe the rule of thumb in this situation is copy the entire model to a new scene and do all the modification or revisions and paste it back to original scene with the original model suppressed and update the icd views since the part names haven't been change. If it works delete the suppressed version.

I haven't done this yet with icd and associated the associated scene yet, but done the first process before.

Anyways this should not happen at all but strangely it does.

Edited by jolizon590016

• 2 weeks later...

While finishing this of, I only have the .icd open but I know it links to the 3D scene file. I do have a question or a query if this behavior is normal for the file to expand while the exporting the last sheet only to dwg. It seems it doesn't utilize the 32 GB ram and instead goes to the disk.

file_size_open_1.png

file_size_close_1.png

The drawback is I loose all associative on the icd drawing done earlier.

As far as losing all the dimensions you might try this...

I usually setup the front of the part in the scene with the camera picker (front) and the TriBall before I make a drawing. Then it's already set when I go pick the views. It seems to work better if I set it up there instead of when I create the views. Anyway, I don't seem to be losing dimensions as often and you can't always tell which way the part is oriented when you're in there creating views because it's so small.

• 2 weeks later...