BOM for sheet content only

Guest TCHITANDA
I just like to know if the BOM be localized to per drawing sheet content only on ICDrawing?

43231[/snapback]

Hello Joseph,

I am not exactly sure what you mean by this. Could you give me some more detail about what you would like to know?

Tito

Thanks. What I want to know if just a sub assembly model view on the ICD sheet can have it own BOM of its parts rather than the whole assembly from which the assembly comes from. For example a detail sub-assembly of the whole assembly. mellow.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Along with this topic, it will be great if there is also a lock. As I placed the bubbles for the parts and save it, next time I open it back the list the removed rows is also back. I already set use custom sort rules for row sorting (item no. > description).

My work flow is I have a main assembly with everything in it, I set all my sub assemblies to treat as part, in this instance only (part /assembly properties in the tree) and I save all my subassemblies as separate files. I place the first bom with that one, then on the following sheets i manually select the subassemblies from the hd and the bom tool automatically has the right info in it. I can't say if it's the most efficient, but I have a lot of control over what is displayed this way.

The new select view in pu1 sounds really promising so I will try it out.

Thanks Mick. I am just a bit skeptical sourcing multiple scene file references from a single ic drawing file since in the past I experience doing it this way after a while, the icd file just stops working- regards.