how to create a parametric compensator

dleczynski

Good afternoon,

If I could get a few more details about what the starting part will be, what exactly will be adjusted, and what the desired outcome that is expected when the adjustment is made, I believe that I can assist with directing you how to make this happen. If you do not mind, please send any information to support@ironcad.com and we will be glad to help.

Thanks

RJ

Good afternoon,

If I could get a few more details about what the starting part will be, what exactly will be adjusted, and what the desired outcome that is expected when the adjustment is made, I believe that I can assist with directing you how to make this happen.  If you do not mind, please send any information to support@ironcad.com and we will be glad to help.

Thanks

RJ

39710[/snapback]

PROJEKT5.png

RLS.ics

Edited by dleczynski

Good afternoon,

After reviewing the mode, I do have a few questions. The first is, is there a particular reason that you developed the part as a structured part rather than an inovative part? The way the part is currently designed, it is going to be very difficult to set the parameters. As an example, the second cylinder is currently tied directly to the face of the tenth pattern feature. So even if you increase the number of features to 15, the additional 5 are going to run over the top of the cylinder. Not that it can not be done, but will require additional constraints that could affect the desired result. If you were to create this as an inovative part, it would be much easier to parameterize and get the results that you are looking for. I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks

RJ