IronCAD Customer Success

Cary OConnor

Hi All,

Our community of users is a strong and actively growing community. In order to help continue our grow and the IRONCAD brand, we would like your feedback on the success of our products in your environment. Please visit the Customer Success Form to enter your successful usage. This information will be reviewed and signed-off by you prior to spreading onto IronCAD's website to help promote IronCAD as well as your Company. In addition to the marketing of your company, you will be entered into our drawing at the end of the year for an award for your efforts!

Thank you for your participation and help to keep the IronCAD name strong.

IronCAD

• 7 years later...
Hi All,

Our community of users is a strong and actively growing community. In order to help continue our grow and the IRONCAD brand, we would like your feedback on the success of our products in your environment. Please visit the  Customer Success Form to enter your successful usage. This information will be reviewed and signed-off by you prior to spreading onto IronCAD's website to help promote IronCAD as well as your Company. In addition to the marketing of your company, you will be entered into our drawing at the end of the year for an award for your efforts!

Thank you for your participation and help to keep the IronCAD name strong.

IronCAD

31412[/snapback]

Posted 2011... Hmmm?

Where are the reviews from all the advertised success story clients?

2018... for me

I have had SOIME SUCCESS of sorts creating a model.

post-73299-1538903839_thumb.jpg

I don't mind IC modelling environment

LITTLE SUCCESS yet mastering the 2D Drawing environment.

post-73299-1538903921_thumb.jpg

I am going nuts with this...

Eg. 2D Viewport seems locked.

The Template border objects are NOT LOCKED (The stuff I want locked - or BLOCK if autocad)

The viewport [Window?] is LOCKED (but I want that UNLOCKED).

Simple ask!

How do I edit the viewport window... I simply want to drag the corners diagonally and make it larger (then scale the content manually to get more image on my wasted white page area)

Tips welcome

Hi Ian,

The latest customer stories are located at https://www.ironcad.com/blog/ under the customer spotlights.

For your drawing question: There is not a dynamic drag to size the window in the ICD. There are two methods:

1. Right-click on the view and select View Scale. Then enter the view size.

2. Click on the view. Look in the Property Browser on the Left and there is a View scale in there that you can enter the scale size.

When creating the view, you can use the Arrow keys to toggle the view scale as well before you place them.

We recently change the views a bit to support left click drag anywhere in the view to move it. Your idea to have a handle to scale the view is a good one that we can add to the enhancement list. Only issue is it may not be a smooth adjustment since we typically try to adjust to the common scales not arbitrary view sizes. We could do that but it may not be desired to have a view scale like 1.23423 versus 1:1 or 1:2 as an example. Feedback is welcome on what everyone would expect.

Best Regards,

Cary