Tricks and shortcuts on IC across the forum

jolizon590016

Select the Orbit Camera Command.

Hold Shift to lock rotation to left/right and up/down. This will move a small increments and allow you to rotate the view smooth.

Hold down Shift-Ctrl and it will rotate in same directions but at 45 Degree increments.

I lost my RibbonBar, how do I get it back?

I use CTRL+SHIFT+R

how did you do that the order is preserved (free), tried to move the new item on the 3rd place at the top and sort does not give effect.

F5

I know ... hold SHIFT and DRIVE(move)

Hold the SHFT Key while dragging and drag ONTO the Shape Icon you want to place in front of.

Hope that helps

Minimize the Ribbon Interface with Keyboard keys:

CTRL F1

Press again to change again back to normal.

Works in 3D and 2D.

Can be good to have a bit more modeling space.

(this is standard and should work in all Ribbon Interface programs)

-select a edge so it highlights in green.

-Hit TAB on the keyboard.

Ironcad now selects edges "all way around".

It have to be smooth corners to work.

It is possible to move single parts and assemblies in and out from assemblies by dragging their icons in the scene browser structure. You can also move several of them at once by holding down the SHIFT or CTRL key while dragging and it is also very important that you drop on the target assembly icon (not on something that resides inside/below the target assembly).

1) Select the parts by using the CTRL or the SHIFT key.

2) Hold down the CTRL or the SHIFT key while dragging.

3) Drop on the target assembly icon.

Now all selected parts have been moved to the selected assembly.

Here you are!

ICube Addin Alpha version.

Attached File ICubeAddin.zip ( 14.45k ) Number of downloads: 396

Two simple toolbar buttons: 1) Cube all parts in a scene. 2) De-cube all.

Installation:

1) Registration of the DLL can be accomplished by double-clicking ICubeAddin.reg file.

2) Copy ICubeAddin.dll to "Bin" folder of Ironcad (example "C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2012\bin").

3) Start the IronCAD application. Go to "Add-ins" tab. Push the button "Add-In Aplications". Check the box "ICubeAddin".

After following the steps outlined, you should see two new buttons.

Any comments and bug reports are welcome.

3D Curves are really the only tool we have for routing. Using the TriBall to position 3D spline points is the best method. While moving the 3D Curve with the TriBall press "P" to place a point in space.

hold "Shift" key click on the circle and it will place on center

Maybe we should back up here a little to the original question - Can you add cuts in the flat and refold. The answer is yes but not by using the Unfold command.

1. Drop a custom profile onto a bend.

2. Right-click edit profile in the Flat.

3. Use the stock as reference to build the profile and finish.

This works for the general bends and such.

With the instability of the toolbars and the need to delete the xml files all the time, i sure dont want to recreate that one big custom ribbon just because an xml file got corrupted or whatever happens to them.

One extra note on this.

1. Get your UI all set.

2. Close IronCAD.

3. Mack a backup copy of the XML files.

4. If they ever go bad, restore from backup, nothing to recreate.

IronCAD 2011 XML file locations:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\login-name\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\13.0\en-us\Customization\

Windows Vista/7:

C:\Users\login-name\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\IRONCAD\13.0\en-us\Customization\

As I write this, I'm staring at an IronCAD gray-screen (unresponsive) because I inadvertently typed in 4 degrees and 90 copies instead of 90 degrees and 4 copies.

Is there any chance we could get this operation to be abortable? Or at least, when the operator puts in a large number of copies, IC could say, "Are you sure?"

Try press "ESC" key

I can not set the center of the cylinder if there is blend. It does not support.

I believe this is specific to lofts with blends. If you take a cylinder and add a blend the issue is not there. So the blend on the loft may be generating a non-circle result hence no snap point.