Working with pipes

jkostrica

Hello,

Maybe, there are other more simple ways how to join objects, too many operations? The tube angles can be 5; 15; 30; 45 degrees.

If there is no any ways how to simplificed this operation, could IronCAD creators to improve in 2018

version.

Many thanks

TriBall_and_Shape_Handles_working_with_pipes.mp4

In the attached video I am using a "Pipework Layout Sketch" that was previously created and placed within a catalog for use as and when required. This layout sketch is a "structured part" with some location and sizing "spheres" which are used to drive the dimensions of the "sketch". This layout sketch can then be used to help position and size your pipework parts.

You could use a simpler sketch with dimensions to achieve the same end. This particular sketch eliminates the need to know dimensions and angles of elbows, with the path determined by the sizing and positioning spheres. So this will work with your various angles and tube sizes.

This is one approach. Hopefully others will be able to offer others.

Malcolm

PIPEWORK_Layout_Sketch.mp4

PIPEWORK_Layout_Sketch.ics

Hello.

"Pipework Layout Sketch" - it is good idea. But, I think, more traditional way is first of all to create a pipe line, using 3D curve or/and 2D curves. Then place to this curves a fittings and pipes from a catalogs. As you see, need to prepare fitting library for your needs.

3D_pipe_line_IronCAD.mp4

Hello,

Maybe, there are other more simple ways how to  join objects, too many operations? The tube angles can be 5; 15; 30; 45 degrees.

If there is no any ways how to simplificed this operation, could IronCAD creators  to improve in 2018

version.

Many thanks

46565[/snapback]

I have a Pipe catalog that I have been creating to ultimately make this possible. It requires, Parametrics, Design Variations, and SmartAssembly. The few models I have work great and this is just as needed.

t