Downunder design

ITAYLOR

Hi IC Community..

I was having a coffee with a mate this afternoon, enjoying a seabreeze moment... Mal has a philosophy of "putting a few runs on the board"... whether bonding in relationships, making friends or tackling IronCAD achievments.. yep... he is always encouraging other people to put a few runs on the board.

Not a cricketer myself, but I get the analogy of scoring a few runs. You may have seen the pic below in international news a few years back. I grew up in that town... And yeh! just some guys downunder putting a few runs on the board.

Fabricated Cage for Tyres

post-73299-1518083069_thumb.jpg

In contrast, I recently heard via the IronCAD community about the heavy snow fall in Atlanta Winter there, summer here... I thought of that photo:

Being a bit stretched from my IC Scene/Drawing/Draft and Keyshot learning curve... I guess the point of this post is to rest the mind a bit, and bat a few balls in the forums instead of bowling them for a change. Of course the IronCAD blogs boast the program can be learned in a day or two. And yes, I could drop and drag intellishapes from day one... but we all know the learning curve to a solid 3D project is a little more than that.

Some of you go into bat on this forum on behalf of techno dummies like me. All I can do is draw (verbatim programming is not quite my niche)... So instead of posting another question about something that has confounded me... heres my 2 cents worth of kudos after a week at the helm of IronCAD... Teething problems aside, it is becoming a very likable program.

ICRender_zoom.bmp

For you guys (and gals) who design fish factories in boats, develop Swedish manufacturing plants for Husqvarna... and a million other brilliant things... The image posted represents my first sucessful project and simple render (humble beginnings)... Ok, its not a jet engine and doesn't even have a BOM yet... let alone animation or analysis (although I did use catalogues, assemblies and getting the hang of the Triball)... And hey, I bought my wife flowers today... runs on the board all round. Howzat?

Guarenteed!

I would never have got as far without this forum.

Edited by ITAYLOR

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kudos!

There are many customer creating the exact same thing as you. We need to work on putting more highlights on that area to show the ease of use you are experiencing (aside from the normal learning curve process). Once you get to a stage where you are comfortable, please let us know and we would love to write about your story to share to others.

Best Regards,

Cary