How to get a triball pattern to change angle

PMILLER

So I am building a template for a picket panel that goes level then down at a stair angle.

the top and bottom rail are made using structured sweeps, and the pickets are filled in using a tribal linear pattern.

the only issue comes when I want to change the stair angle, because the tribal pattern will not update the angle of it to match the angle of the top and bottom rail when they change.

My work around right now is to delete the pattern, change the tribal orientation to match the stair angle and then repattern it, but I am wondering if there is a better way.

Any suggestions for things I may try?

post-72865-1499871723_thumb.jpg

post-72865-1499871737_thumb.jpg

Edited by PMILLER

I'll try to see if there is a way to set this parametrically, but you can change the angle manually. Click to the pattern level (green), right-click and go to the pattern properties. Under position you can see the angle for the pattern. Type in the new angle when you change the stair angle.

Cary

Oh a quick way would be to click the pattern in the scene browser and assemble is (make it an assembly). Then you can add the Angle dimension to the face of the first part in the pattern at the assembly level to the other reference. That can be locked and added to the parameter table.

Cary