Some Constraints Feedback

tlehnhaeuser

I'm not really a big user of constraints, however a lot of my customers are and I wanted to generate some materials for them.

So here is some observations, requests, and possible bugs. biggrin.gif

1.) First observation is when I constrain a hole to a part I get a different result using 2 different approaches. Nots sure if a bug or by design. See videos.

Approach 1 is attempting to constrain a hole "hidden" by the part I need to constrain to. As you can see once constrainted and I move the part the entire other part moves, not just the hole as was intended.

Approach 2 provides the result I was looking for where I move the part and the hole goes with it, not the entire part. But I don't want to move the part to get ot he hole.

2.) Assuming Approach 1 is a bug, then I would like a "cleaner" way to be able to assign constraints where the component is "hidden". Maybe a hotkey to hide the target mate part so I can select the hole face.

3.) If I am constraining an entire assembly of parts, Currently I constantly have to re-open the Constraint tool dialog. I would a "Constraint Browser" or ability to dock the constraint tool so its always open and live.

Thanks

Tom

Videos.7z