Ic drawing hidden hole lines

bmckelvie

I have struggled with this for a while,

In my drawings i modified the hidden line style to make sense on the drawing size I am using, you can see on pic one, The problem is the hidden holes do not appear to follow the same style and remain solid lines. I can not find any option to set their style.

I am working around this by using view properties and setting hidden lines too dot. (see pic 2)

Is there a way to change the hidden line style of the holes, or better yet get them to use the sheet hidden line styles?

ic_hidden_lines_holes_2.PNG

ic_hidden_lines_holes_1.PNG

Edited by bmckelvie

Just as a test, if the plate is thicker, making the holes longer, does it work then? The start and end of hidden lines often get a bit longer and might be the reason, on a short distance, why the line doesn't appear dashed.

As a test i made the piece with the holes in it thicker (1 inch from 1/4") the hidden lines showed up correctly then, so it is Iron Cad deciding to draw the part this way.

I checked the hidden line dash size pattern and it is dash 0.039" space 0.031" adding them up does not make 1/4" so it does not make sense to me that it shows up as a solid line in the drawing.

Thanks for the Video Kevin, i did not clue in that I could make a new line style, that is quite handy and I will definitely use it and I am adding it to my drawing template now. Is there anyway to automate the process of IC drawing picking the hidden line type to mach the drawing?