Problems With Opening Ics Files In Algor?

After updating ALGOR DesignCheck to v19.3 SP2 it can't open IronCAD files ( ICS ) saved in IC 9.0 PU1. When Meshing in IronCAD or opening an ICS from within DesignCheck an error message appears saying that the connection can't be established.

Here's some info from ALGOR Tech Support:

"Any one who updates IronCAD 9 to IronCAD 9 PU1 will have this problem until they re-install ALGOR. ALGOR needs to be reinstalled after IronCAD in order for this to work properly. Please have your customers reinstall ALGOR and this probably should go away. Please do a full uninstall and re-install."

I think I remember having that problem.. and that is what I had to do.. any version after that I no longer had to go through that issue... yep because that Algor button in IC will stop working..

For a period of time I was importing step files until I got it figured out.. since if you change the geometry too much and have to do a re-mesh, you may loose all your constraints and loading locations anyway..

But after you upgrade to the next Algor release.. that loading issue will go away...

Pain... you pay all this money ... programs need to work without a hitch.. should load themselves..

• 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem (with the Algor Mesh button not working) in IC 9.1.1 on one of 4 similarly configured machines.

We used to be running Algor 20 (mesh button greyed out), tried a repair... still greyed out. Then tried an uninstall of Algor 20, install of algor 21, and the button is still greyed out. Then tried manually registering 2 Algor .dll's (named in some install help file), and the mesh button is STILL greyed out.

Anyone with big ideas?

Hmmmm.... did you go into the tool button configuration.. for got what its called.. you know.. in the options where you add the algor button in IC... and make sure that button is going to the correct path..

After loading algor.. you can start algor ... and then start IC... then you close them both... i cant quite remember the order.. this is getting old in my mind.. for some reason either algor or IC is checking the system looking for the other program... so one or the other has to be opened... then you check to see if the IC mesh button works..

When you are working in IC and testing the mesh button .. the file has to be saved.. meaning.. drop in a box in a new ic scene.. save the file.. then try to mesh.. if the file hasn't been saved.. it wont go into algor.. I have made this mistake several times..

be sure to post to let me know if any of this works.. I got another machine I need to install Algor on to see if I can help you track this down..

Mike,

Here are some things to try:

Make sure the Administrator is listed with Full Control Permissions over ALL the top keys of the Windows Registry (i.e., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, etc.). It's not enough just to have Everyone listed with Full Control.

Try registering the following DLL files:

3iicapibase.dll

3iicapicore.dll

3iicapidrawing.dll

3iicapiironcadapp.dll

To register the DLL files:

Close IronCAD

Go to \Program Files\IronCAD\9.0\bin

Double-click the file 3iicapibase.dll, in the Open With dialog, click Browse, then select C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe to open the file with. Open, OK.

Then just double-click each of the remaining files listed above.

Try registering the following DLL files:

3iicapibase.dll

3iicapicore.dll

3iicapidrawing.dll

3iicapiironcadapp.dll

21350[/snapback]

That did the trick. Thanks Kev!

As for the order of install events: You need to install Ironcad first and get it all up to date (for whichever version you want to run). Then you install Algor (v20 and up should automatically find IronCAD and register the necessairy .dll's).

I have seen where updates to IronCAD (post Algor install) will break the mesh button in IC.... all I did was open up Algor, let it do its updates and it fixes (usually) the mesh button by itself.

Edited by Mike Twining

YES..!!.. thats how it worked... ha.. store this thread forever.. at the top of the list..

Kevin didn't help worth a rat... he gets too much credit.. HA.. get him thinking that he's the man.. HA.. he's the little man...

HA.. its fun to trash kevin.. he's like that robot squeeze toy from like the 80's.. where the eyes , ears and nose bug out..